Ever wonder what is going on over your head? Make sure that your roof is doing it’s job for many years to come by doing a few simple maintenance procedures. Take a look at these roofing tips to help you keep yours well maintained.
Pitched or Steep Roofs:
1. Keep roof surface as clean as possible.
2. Have a formal inspection every 2-3 years. Increase to every year if getting old.
3. Gutters should be cleaned twice a year.
4. Include the chimney with the inspections.
5. Built in gutters should be inspected at all seams, drains and corners.
6. Caulking should be checked and resealed when cracks or failing starts (ex. At vents, flashing, nail heads etc.)
Flat or Low Slope Roofs:
1. Keep roof surface clean at the drains.
2. Keep petroleum products off membrane.
3. Keep foot traffic to a minimum.
4. Use a soft corn broom or blower to remove debris.
5. Have a formal inspection every 2-3 years.
6. Have heavy snow fall removed by a professional.
7. Gutters should be cleaned twice a year.