In a significant majority of cases, asphalt shingles are the most common roofing material used for buildings with pitched or sloped roofs. These shingles are preferred in both new home construction and complete roof replacements for the following types of properties within Burnaby and the Lower Mainland:
- Private residences
- Converted office spaces
- Townhouse developments
- Churches or places of worship
There are several factors that support the selection of Asphalt Shingles over other forms of roofing material such as cedar shingles, tile, slate, metal, and copper. The commonly accepted benefits of asphalt shingles for Burnaby properties would include:
- Affordable cost/installation
- Ease of installation and repair
- Lighter weight than other materials
- Relatively durable/adequate lifespan
- Aesthetic appeal (a variety of colours)
Originally, asphalt shingles were oil-based in their composition; in recent years however, this product format has increasingly been replaced by a laminated fiberglass version that has added the following to the above list of benefits:
- Less flammable/improved fire protection
- Better eco-friendliness/recycling properties
While asphalt shingles could last for 20 years or longer, it should be noted that any such lifecycle estimates are often based on an assumption that ideal conditions will be present over that entire span of time; unfortunately, the seasonal weather conditions in Burnaby and the probability of severe storms across the Lower Mainland region will likely reduce that period by a number of years.
Other factors that might adversely affect the performance and the life of asphalt shingles would be:
- Shingle quality
- Installation quality
- Attic ventilation efficiency
- Regularity of roof inspections
- Attention to maintenance/repairs
Though weather conditions cannot be controlled, Burnaby property owners can establish a foundation for long-lasting performance of their asphalt shingles by choosing qualified and experienced roofers to complete any/all roof inspections, repairs, or replacements.
Choice of Contractors Can Affect Roofing Performance and Warranty Protection
Absolute Roof Solutions has almost 20 years of experience in the Installation and Repair of Asphalt Roofs within Burnaby and the surrounding areas. Selecting a certified roofing company such as Absolute Roof Solutions will assure Burnaby property owners that their new roof complies with all installation requirements for its optimal performance and valid manufacturer warranty protection on all materials.
Though asphalt shingles can be more cost-effective and less labour-intensive to install or replace than other types of roofing materials, there is much more work involved than just nailing the shingles to the roof deck. Whether they are contracted for roof repairs or a complete roof replacement, trained crews from Absolute Roof Solutions will provide a comprehensive range of services that includes:
- Skilled installation
- Appropriate attic ventilation
- Rotted/warped deck replacement
- Inspection/repair of soffits and fascia
- Inspection/repair of the eavestroughing
- Adequate caulking to avert water penetration
Please visit our Asphalt Roofing page for additional information on the benefits of installing asphalt shingles and the related services offered by Absolute Roof Solutions.
For installation of asphalt shingles with the quality workmanship and warranty protection you need and want for your Burnaby home or property, call the certified specialists from Absolute Roof Solutions today at 604-263-0334 or Contact Us to request a Free Quote.
One of the least accessed areas of any home, if not the least, is the attic; although most homeowners in Richmond are likely aware of the fact that their attic has some type and thickness of insulation, it is quite possible that they have never actually looked in their attic to confirm this.
Insulation plays an important role in the reduction of heat transfer, the process by which air naturally moves/migrates from warm areas to cold areas. Insulation acts as a barrier to this process, thus preventing the escape of warm air through the roof during the cold winter months and similarly impeding warm/hot air from entering the home throughout the heat of the summer; consequently, homeowners are able to set their thermostats at more moderate temperatures all year long and hence reduce/better manage utility costs.
In addition to its favourable effect on energy efficiency, proper insulation, in combination with adequate Attic Ventilation, can provide several other benefits for Richmond and area homeowners; these can include:
- Reduced potential for mold formation
- Decreased condensation inside the home
- Less expansion and contraction of roof deck
- Prevention of ice dam formation in the winter
- Protecting the integrity/longevity of the shingles
Many homeowners have likely heard the term R-value used in reference to insulation or insulating materials. In essence, this number measures resistance, or blocking capacity, to heat flow; therefore, materials with higher R-values have better insulating properties than those with lower ratings. The following dynamics will have an impact on R-values:
- Thickness of the insulation
- Where it is installed in the home
- How well it is installed by roofing contractors
With respect to insulating the roofs/attics of homes in the City of Richmond, resistance values in the range of R-28 to R-40 are recommended depending on the types of ceilings and roofs.
Have Experienced Roofing Contractors Inspect Your Attic Insulation’s Efficiency
Having a well-insulated roof/attic is akin to dressing appropriately for the weather when going out for the day. Most people would not wear a thick wool sweater in the middle of summer or merely a thin T-shirt in the dead of winter; if they did, it would not be long before they sensed that something was amiss – such as perspiring heavily or shivering uncontrollably respectively.
In a similar vein, there are some common signs that something could be amiss with attic insulation; these indicators might consist of:
- High heating and cooling costs
- Ceilings hot or cold to the touch
- Uncomfortable upper-floor temperatures
- Ineffectiveness of air conditioning systems
- Mold growth on ceilings/in wall-ceiling corners
If one or more of these signs are evident, Richmond homeowners may want to contract experienced roofers, such as the team at Absolute Roof Solutions, to inspect/assess their attic insulation and determine whether an upgrade or a full replacement may be needed. In such instances, it is highly probable that some roofing repairs might also be required, either to the shingles or the roof decking itself; in extreme cases, a full roof replacement could be necessary, which despite being a more sizeable investment of funds, would also be the ideal time to replace the insulation as well.
The roofing contractors from Absolute Roof Solutions provide a comprehensive range of attic insulation-related services, including:
- Insulation inspections
- Ventilation inspections
- Recommended actions
- Insulation replacements
- Roofing repairs/replacement
See our Residential Insulation page for further details on the roof/attic insulation services available to Richmond residents from the professional roofers at Absolute Roof Solutions.
Concerned that your attic insulation may not be performing adequately to help moderate the temperatures in your Richmond home? Call the roofing specialists at Absolute Roof Solutions today at 604-263-0334 or Contact Us to book a service visit at your earliest convenience.
Unless there is some unforeseen circumstance, perhaps a power failure, an underground gas leak, or a ruptured water main, commercial properties in West Vancouver need to be accessible to clients during their customary business hours. If/when these situations do occur, they are typically not within a business owner’s control, yet hopefully are of short enough duration so that normal routines can resume without substantial loss of revenue.
There are some instances, however, when a temporary business closure can be averted. Many of these incidents can often be linked to building maintenance, or the lack thereof, due to commercial property owners/managers or custodial staff not investing a sufficient amount of time and attention to ensuring that the building is in safe operating condition. One of the more common reasons for an unexpected business shutdown is an issue with the roof of the building, frequently associated with water penetration.
For many practical reasons, notably a lower installation cost and ease of post-installation maintenance, flat roofing is preferred over pitched roofing for commercial properties in a majority of centres, including West Vancouver. However, due to the nature of flat roofs, their integrity and performance can be impacted by constant exposure to the vagaries of weather, particularly those seen in West Vancouver and the Lower Mainland; and this in turn can have a consequential effect on a business, its owner, and its staff.
This reinforces the importance of Regular Inspections for Commercial Flat Roofing, at least annually but preferably in the spring and the fall, to ensure its performance and integrity and to detect existing or potential issues that require immediate and professional repair; in the most extreme circumstances, a commercial roof inspection could identify the need for a complete roof replacement.
In the absence of inspections and attention to preventative or necessary maintenance for their flat roofing, business/commercial property owners could experience some or all of:
- Lost revenue
- Loss of property
- Tainted reputation
- Structural damage
- Risks to personal safety
- Roof warranty exclusions
- Unhealthy working conditions
- Increased insurance premiums
- Costly emergency repair service
It is evident that there can be significant value/returns to investing in the inspection and maintenance of a commercial flat roof on a systematic basis. In order to suitably protect and prolong the life of their flat roofing, and safeguard their business, staff, and clients, business owners and/or managers in West Vancouver and the Lower Mainland would be well-advised to entrust their roof inspections and maintenance needs to qualified roofing contractors such as the flat roof experts from Absolute Roof Solutions.
Expert Commercial Flat Roof Installation, Inspection, Repair, or Replacement
Although the flat roofing on a commercial property is not visible to the general public or even those who live, visit, or work in such environments, it is of no less importance than any other part of the structure; in fact, that flat roof has the enormous responsibility of providing complete protection against the outside elements every minute of every day.
The professionals at Absolute Roof Solutions have the experience that West Vancouver business owners need to keep their flat roofs at optimal performance levels and thereby prevent unnecessary and expensive property damage and potentially irreparable harm to the bottom line. As a leading roofing contractor in West Vancouver since 1998, Absolute Roof Solutions can capably attend to all commercial flat roof needs, including:
- New Installations
- Bi-Annual Inspections
- Maintenance and Repairs
- Replacement of Existing Roofs
For further information on the commercial flat roofing services provided by Absolute Roof Solutions, visit our Commercial Roofing Maintenance page.
To protect and prolong the life of your commercial flat roof, call the flat roofing experts from Absolute Roof Solutions today at 604-263-0334 or Contact us to schedule your complete roof inspection at your earliest convenience.
Positioning of Skylights Relative to the Sun is a Vital Aspect of Any Installation
There is a high degree of consensus that natural light entering through the windows of a home can have an uplifting effect on the disposition/mood of family members who reside within. The act of opening drapes or blinds not only brightens a room, it can also admit passive solar heat and somehow give the illusion that the room is larger as well.
In the most basic context, this is the principle of skylight installation, which is essentially the insertion of a window or windows into the roof of a home. However, the benefits of skylights can extend beyond the enrichment of one’s health and well-being; some of the additional value that homeowners can gain by installing one or more skylights includes:
- Energy efficiency, and hence reduction of utility costs
- Aesthetics – curb appeal; accentuating a room or hallway
- Improved ventilation/air flow (skylights that can be opened)
- Comfort and warmth – generated by soothing, defuse sunlight
- Opportunity to appreciate the beauty of night skies while indoors
- Better penetration of unobstructed natural light vs vertical windows
To appreciate these benefits to their fullest, correct methods of installation are required. This includes the appropriate care and attention to prevent water or air leaks (which can be accomplished by contracting the professional skylight installation services of Absolute Roof Solutions) as well as the placement or positioning of the skylights to maximize their overall energy efficiency and effectiveness.
To the latter point, should skylight installation be under consideration, homeowners may wish to note the following with respect to the orientation of their roof relative to the sun:
- North-facing slope
- May only get appreciable sunlight in late spring/early summer
- Good site to allow consistent yet cool daylight to enter a home
- East-facing slope
- Maximum amount of light and solar heat occurs in the morning
- South-facing slope
- Excellent for passive solar heat gain during the winter months
- Also generates significant heat gain in summer (unless shaded)
- West-facing slope
- Gives afternoon light; can create large amount of unwanted heat
While some roof facings may seem to be more viable options than others at first glance, there are some variables in terms of skylight features and accessories that homeowners might consider which can make installations feasible on any side of a roof; these include:
- Energy efficiency ratings
- Ultraviolet coating options
- Ventilation (for heat release)
- Remote-controlled shades/blinds
Consulting with the experts from Absolute Roof Solutions can provide valuable insight on the specific choice/type of skylights that may be best suited to a particular home and to the needs and preferences of the homeowner and their family.
A Comprehensive Range of Skylight Services Including Installation and Repair
For all of the benefits offered by skylights, including natural light penetration, ventilation, and aesthetic appeal, they can also be a major source of roof leaks. The most common reasons why skylights will leak consist of the following:
- Inferior installation
- Ineffective flashing
- Insufficient caulking
- Incorrect choice of skylights
- Incompatibility with roof pitch
When there are signs of a leak or water penetration in a roof with skylights, homeowners would be well within their rights, so to speak, to suspect these features as a likely cause. An inspection by Absolute Roof Solutions can confirm any such suspicions and isolate the source of the leak, which in turn can determine the appropriate means of skylight repair to remedy the situation.
Absolute Roof Solutions offers a complete range of skylight-related services, including:
- Skylight Repairs
- New Installations
Visit our Skylight Services page for more information on the expert skylight installation and repair services offered by Absolute Roof Solutions.
For expert Skylight Installation or Repair Services in Vancouver and the surrounding area, call the specialists at Absolute Roof Solutions today at 604-263-0334 or contact us at your earliest convenience for a no-obligation quote.
It can be tempting to ignore and delay home repairs that don’t seem to be visibly bothersome or inconvenient. Another day, week, or month may not seem like a long time, but letting certain home repairs slip can lead to mounting troubles and more expensive repairs. Roof leak repair is one home maintenance task you don’t want to ignore. Moisture entering your home can lead to serious issues beyond your roof. If you notice a leak or have concerns about the state of your roof, contact the experts at Absolute Roof Solutions for leaking roof repair services. We provide customers across Lower Mainland Vancouver with residential and commercial roofing services, for everything from installation to maintenance inspections and repairs.
Risks of Delaying Your Leaking Roof Repair
Putting off your roof leak repair job exposes your home and roof to the following risks:
- Structural damage: At first glance to an untrained eye, a leak may seem minor. Don’t be fooled by appearances. A small leak can cause a lot of damage and compromise the entire structure of your home or business property.
- Blown budgets: Want to avoid repairs to save your monthly budget? This is not a wise decision. You may save in the short-term, but damage will only increase going forward. It can progress quickly with unpredictable Vancouver rains, so what was initially a straightforward leak repair can snowball into an expensive and extensive renovation project.
- Health risks: Moisture in your home can lead to mold and spores. These issues can develop quickly and be undetected to homeowners who are breathing in the dangerous particles. These issues can also spread, so what was once a localized issue can become a problem throughout the building.
Not sure how to identify a leaking roof? Schedule your annual roof inspection with Absolute Roof Solutions for a comprehensive maintenance check. From your eavestrough to every last shingle, we will ensure your roof is properly sealed and operating its best.
Repair Your Leaking Roof without Delay
Have you noticed a leak in your roof or water damage in your home? Contact Absolute Roof Solutions as soon as possible to determine the specific cause and get it repaired quickly. Don’t risk facing worse consequences by delaying repairs. Our team of well-trained, experienced, professional roofers in Vancouver can provide quick repairs and thorough inspections to ensure that any damage is stopped quickly in its tracks.
In addition to roof leak repairs, we also offer a host of roofing services for both residential roofing and commercial properties. If you are located anywhere in Lower Mainland Vancouver, contact us today to keep your roof in great condition and protect your property.
Delaying or ignoring roof leak repairs can have serious consequences! Don’t wait. Contact Absolute Roof Solutions right away at (604) 263-0334.
Commercial properties are typically large and can be cumbersome to maintain if you do not stay on top of a regular maintenance schedule. With a flat roof, it is more challenging to notice visible signs of damage. Don’t let your commercial roofing fall into disrepair. Keep up with your bi-annual flat roofing inspections. Most major repairs and mounting expenses can be avoided by scheduling your maintenance appointments with a trusted commercial roofing company in Vancouver.
Here’s what you can expect from a commercial flat roof inspection:
- Debris and safety review: Our licensed roofing professionals first perform a debris and safety review to ensure that your commercial flat roof is free from any unnecessary obstructions and meets all local safety requirements and regulations.
- Visual inspection and roofing membrane: We perform a thorough visual inspection to ensure your commercial flat roof is in good condition and will also ensure your roofing membrane is operating as intended.
- Inspection of sheet metal flashings: We don’t just look at the overall roof, but also the sheet metal and flashings that are particularly vulnerable to damage. We ensure they are performing properly and can recommend the appropriate fix for any commercial flat roof repairs.
- Plumbing, electrical and HVAC stacks: There’s a lot going on up there on the roof, so hiring experienced roofers who know the ins and outs of commercial roofing is crucial. Your bi-annual inspection with Absolute Roof Solutions will cover all the complex systems on your roof and ensure that there are no issues.
- HVAC equipment and ducting: Heating and cooling a big building is a big task, and it is not always apparent if there is an issue with any ducts or equipment. Our team will provide a thorough inspection so that any issues are caught now, rather than after months of mounting heating bills.
- Drainage systems: Wet weather means commercial roofing in Vancouver is particularly susceptible to drainage issues. If your commercial flat roof is collecting water and in need of repair, we can pinpoint the problem during our inspection and provide a solution.
Schedule Your Commercial Flat Roof Repair in Vancouver
Avoid the need for a full commercial flat roof replacement by keeping up with your inspections each year. Absolute Roof Solutions has a team of professionals who can perform a thorough inspection and provide a full report, complete with photos of problems and recommended solutions. We are dedicated to keeping your commercial property in great condition and can provide repairs, replacements and maintenance work. Whether you need residential or commercial roof repairs in the Vancouver Lower Mainland Area, you can rely on our team of experienced roofers.
If your commercial roofing or home is leaking water, call in the experts at Absolute Roof Solutions right away. Contact us at (604) 263-0334 today.
Eavestroughs play an important role in draining water and keeping it from collecting on your roof. If left to linger, water will find a way down, usually leading to a route that goes into your home. Ensure that your eavestroughs are in good working condition and not obstructed by foliage, dirt or debris. It can be tempting to clean them yourself since the blockages are often visible and damage to these exposed parts may be obvious when you look at your home. Unfortunately, thoroughly cleaning and repairing your eavestroughs is not as simple as it appears and can actually be quite dangerous for inexperienced individuals.
Rely on the roofing services and team of friendly Vancouver roofers at Absolute Roof Solutions. Our comprehensive roofing services include gutter cleaning, maintenance and repairs so that you can stay safe while your eavestrough works properly to drain and direct water away from your home.
The following risks are associated with damaged or blocked eavestroughs:
- Foundation damage
- Flooding basements or other areas of the home
- Rotting or warped wood
- Landscape damage from improper or unusual water draining
- Pest infestations such as termites, mosquitos and cockroaches from sitting water
- Mold and moisture problems
Schedule an annual roof inspection appointment to have your eavestrough and entire roof checked for problems. Our team can provide quick, preventative fixes so you can avoid more expensive repairs or replacements later on.
Consider the advantages of hiring professional roof cleaning services in Vancouver:
- Proper tools for the job
- Thorough inspection including downspouts and gutters
- Expert repairs
- Licensed and insured contractors will limit your liability
- No risk of personal injury
- Experienced team can assess your roof and pinpoint problem areas
Get Your Eavestroughs Cleaned by Absolute Roof Solutions
Contact Absolute Roof Solutions today to schedule your gutter cleaning and maintenance appointment. We offer a variety of roofing services for your residential roofing requirements across Lower Mainland Vancouver. From cleaning to replacements and any type of roof repairs, our Vancouver roofing company’s services are backed by years of experience. A reliable, friendly and dedicated team will keep your roof in great condition while providing efficient and affordable services.
Call in Absolute Roof Solutions for an eavestrough inspection on your home. Don’t risk expensive repairs down the road by neglecting your blocked or damaged eavestroughs. Call us at (604) 263-0334.
DIY projects can be a fun way to personalize, customize and feel connected to your home. There is a sense of accomplishment and reward that comes with completing a job yourself. Unfortunately, not all areas of your home are straightforward and easy to repair or update. Your roof is one of those areas that require a trained eye, experienced hands and professional knowledge to get the job done right.
Always bear in mind that the roof is a critical structural component of your home and plays a big role in protecting occupants and your belongings from the elements. Proper roofing maintenance, repairs and replacements cannot be done without the right tools and training. You may think you will save money by calling a handyman or doing the job yourself, but it is worth investing in expert Vancouver roofers to keep safety and structural integrity intact.
Contact Absolute Roof Solutions for professional, friendly and efficient roofing services. We provide residential and commercial roof services to residents and business owners across Lower Mainland Vancouver. Rely on our team for all your roofing needs and eliminate the worry and risk associated with hiring untrained, inexperienced, or unreliable contractors for your roofing work.
Consider the following risks associated with hiring inexperienced roofers:
- Dishonesty: It is great to give a new roofing company in Vancouver a chance, but when it comes to roofing repairs, there are many factors that can lead to more risks than rewards. Inexperienced roofers and those who have not been in the industry long enough will try to make good on the fact that most homeowners do not know or understand much about roofing systems. If your contractor is constantly advising the need for additional work and your bill is growing far behind your original quote, you may be falling prey to inexperience and dishonesty. Ask for clear explanations and avoid the risk in the first place by hiring a reputable roofing company in Vancouver.
- Licensing: You want the people who are completing work on and in your home to be properly licensed. That means they will have the proper training and insurance to handle unexpected issues or accidents. Don’t trust just anyone with this important part of your home. Hire Absolute Roof Solutions for fully licensed, friendly and fast roofers to complete your job.
- Delays: Everyone has heard a horror story about contractors who simply don’t show up or left the job unfinished and messy. Hiring inexperienced roofers can make these horror stories a real-life nightmare. Unfinished or delayed roofing work can leave your entire home exposed to rain, winds, and changing temperatures. Climbing heating or cooling bills, damaged interiors, and water damage can occur and lead to long-term, expensive damage. An unreliable roofing company will likely refuse to cover the costs, so it is best to go with experienced roofers who can be trusted to complete the work quickly and efficiently.
Hire Expert Roofers in Vancouver to Protect Your Home
Absolute Roof Solutions employs a team of skilled roofers to expertly handle residential and commercial roof repairs. If your home or business is located in the Vancouver Lower Mainland Area, schedule an appointment with our team. We can perform an inspection, repair, or provide a full replacement and ensure your roof is performing at its best.
Don’t take chances with your home or business property. Inexperienced roofers can cause a lot of damage to your home, leading to structural damage and costly repairs down the road.
Contact Absolute Roof Solutions at (604) 263-0334 for professional and experienced repairs you can rely on all year round.
Skylights make a beautiful addition to any home. Regardless of the location, opening a space for a skylight in your roof can make a big impact in the overall look of your home and help you feel closer to nature. Your home will feel bigger and brighter and you can enjoy an increased value in your home’s re-sale price.
Are you considering a skylight for your home? If you are holding back from a skylight installation project, consider why this is a great investment today and in the future:
- Energy Savings: Saving money is at the top of every homeowner’s list. Put those dollars and cents towards something you really want rather than letting it slip away each month on heating and cooling your home. A skylight can help reduce your electricity and heating and cooling bills by allowing more light to enter your home. Just make sure it is properly and optimally installed by trained professionals. A skylight that has not been properly sealed can have the opposite effect on your wallet! Schedule a roof inspection with the professionals at Absolute Roof Solutions to find out where and how your skylight can save you money.
- Natural Light: Natural light has a significant impact in the home. It brightens the space, makes your living areas appear larger and can highlight the natural beauty of your hometown. It is no wonder that this feature is at the top of many home buyers’ wish lists. Give the buyers – and yourself – what they are looking for by installing a skylight. You will enjoy the brightness of your home now and appreciate resale value should you decide to move.
- Health Benefits: Natural light isn’t just a hit on the housing market. It is also beneficial for your overall health and well-being. Support the health of your family by giving them more exposure to their daily dose of Vitamin D. You can also improve your mood, steer clear of Seasonal Affected Disorder (S.A.D.) and boost your energy levels by living in a bright environment. Open up your space by installing a skylight.
Get Reliable Skylight Installation by Absolute Roof
Absolute Roof Solutions provides skilled residential roof repair and skylight installation services for residents in the Western Vancouver Area. Our team of experienced roofers can give you the skylight of your dreams with efficient, friendly and reliable installation. From leaks to maintenance programs and any roofing needs you have in-between, trust our expert team to get the job done.
Contact Absolute Roof Solutions at (604) 263-0334 for skylight installations in your Vancouver home.