Take a look at our Roof Maintenance Tips to learn more about maintaining a pitched or steep roof and a flat or low slope roof in Vancouver, BC.
Pitched or Steep Roofs:
1. Keep roof surface as clean as possible.
2. Have a formal inspection every 2-3 years. Increase to every year if getting old.
3. Gutters should be cleaned twice a year.
4. Include the chimney with the inspections.
5. Built in gutters should be inspected at all seams, drains and corners.
6. Caulking should be checked and resealed when cracks or failing starts (ex. At vents, flashing, nail heads etc.)
Flat or Low Slope Roofs:
1. Keep roof surface clean at the drains.
2. Keep petroleum products off membrane.
3. Keep foot traffic to a minimum.
4. Use a soft corn broom or blower to remove debris.
5. Have a formal inspection every 2-3 years.
6. Have heavy snow fall removed by a professional.
7. Gutters should be cleaned twice a year.
As a renovator Doug did many rot repairs which gave him a good understanding of where and why buildings leak, and how to prevent it. He realized the need for a different approach to roofing; one that educated the customer enough to make good decisions. With better trained installers and a quality inspection process Absolute Roof Solutions was born…” Read more.